Is your Performance suffering due to unwanted comparison? Here’s what you need to read.

Is your Performance suffering due to unwanted comparison? Here’s what you need to read.

In my recruitment experience, I could encounter only a few cases of healthy comparison.In most of the cases it is not our inability to be a good performer but unwanted comparison that raises our insecurity hampering our confidence and messing our performance.

Do you also struggle embracing healthy comparison and fall prey to resenting one? Then I would like to share with you highlights from one of Lolly Daskal’s read, I came across this week that can help you to get yourself back on the right path:

We all have a different Make and Designed for a Distinctive Function

1. Embrace your Uniqueness:

We often forget, we are not anyone else, we are who we are, and if we want to succeed, we will have to succeed as ourselves. Comparisons don’t leave room for the things that make you unique. The purpose of your life is to find your voice and make your own mark on the world. Your gifts and talents and successes and contributions and value are entirely unique to you and your purpose in this world. That’s why you can never truly be compared to anyone else.

2. Focus on what you can change/do rather than the CAN’T:

Where is your focus? On the 80% of your honed skills or the rest 20% of comparison that you make with others?

Your focus needs to be on the opportunities that rise from 80% skillset that you own and the things that you can change / skills you can develop.

3. LEARN from those with experience:

If comparison sounds inevitable, then do not let it breed resentment. Make it a learning by comparison with the experienced. If you become triggered by the realization of how much you don’t know, the solution is simple. Don’t hold yourself up to anyone else’s success, but let it inspire you to do better.

4. Celebrate your successes:

Celebrate the things you’ve accomplished, and then raise the bar a little bit higher. Do this each time you succeed, and you’ll be too busy to compare yourself to anyone.

If you are looking to succeed, the only person you must compare yourself to – is YOU. And everyone better around you should be a source of inspiration not comparison.

Wish to read more in detail, follow the parent post by Lolly Daskal here.

Leave a Reply